PRP (PLATELET RICH PLASMA) THERAPY
What is PRP Therapy?
Hudson Pro Orthopaedics is home to the leading Board Certified specialist offering PRP Therapy as a regenerative medicine treatment. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP therapy) is an advanced, non-surgical treatment option for patients looking to heal injuries and conditions with less recovery time than surgical intervention.
PRP Therapy is often an effective treatment option for patients who have tried other rehabilitative treatments without seeing results.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP, is blood plasma with concentrated platelets. These concentrated platelets in platelet rich plasma contain bioactive proteins that are vital in the initiation and acceleration of tissue repair and regeneration, speeding up the healing process in patients with injuries or degeneration.
Platelet rich plasma actively stimulates the body’s natural healing process especially when injected into a targeted area. PRP must first be concentrated from a small blood draw of your own blood to provide optimal healing.
What Conditions Can PRP Therapy treat?
PRP Therapy has been effective in treating many conditions including:
- plantar fasciitis
- muscle, ligament and tendon strains
- sprains and tears
- rotator cuff injuries
- patella, acl, mcl and meniscus injuries
- back and neck pain
- elbow and shoulder injuries
The PRP Therapy Procedure
PRP Therapy at Hudson Pro Orthopaedics is performed as an out-patient procedure in our office. Once you are deemed an eligible candidate after a consultation with Dr. Imran Ashraf, you will begin the PRP Therapy procedure.
- a normal blood draw is taken from the patient
- the extracted blood is spun on a centrifuge, separating the PRP from red blood cells
- the targeted area is injected with a local anesthetic for numbing
- this concentrated PRP is injected into the targeted damaged area to promote healing and regeneration with little to no discomfort
- the entire PRP procedure takes about 30-40 minutes
- our staff will guide you into a recovery room to allow the anesthetic to wear off and to ensure you are comfortable
When will you experience results?
Patients often see results relatively quickly, but each individual patient is different. Dr. Imran Ashraf will monitor your condition and develop a customized treatment plan to ensure optimal success of your PRP treatment.